Date: Saturday, 24 October 2020
Organisers: African Union, Afreximbank, Africa CDC
Supporting Partners: ONE, Africa Health Business, African Philanthropy Forum
Organized by the African Union, Africa CDC and Afreximbank, the AU COVID-19 Response Fundraiser is a digital event that provided an update on the progress of the AU Covid-19 Response Fund and highlighted its critical role as a vehicle for the implementation of the continental strategy to combat the pandemic.
While still behind the pandemic curve of other regions, the situation in Africa is on a knife-edge with deaths and cases rising. We need to double-down our efforts to overcome the health and economic challenge and the time to act is now, working as a united front.
- H.E Cyril Ramaphosa, current Chairperson of the AU and President of the Republic of South Africa
- Prof. Benedict Oramah, Chairman of the Board of Trustees AU COVID-19 Response Fund
- H.E. Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director General
- Dr. John Nkengasong, Director, Africa CDC
- Dr. Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary, UNECA
- H.E Amira El Fadil, Commissioner for Social Affairs, African Union